Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Getting Settled

Grandma and Grandpa arrived the third week in July.  We were so happy to see our sweet family.  After living so close to our loved ones in Utah we were definitely ready for some company.  G-ma and G-pa were just as sweet as ever.  After a long drive (and more Denver rush hour) they arrived with hugs and treats.  We took them to all of our favorite new spots, but we mostly spent time playing the same games the kids liked at their home (carnivals, stuffed animal pet store, etc.)  Gpa ran the river!  What a good sport he was.  I am afraid the current wasn't great, but he hung in there.  We spent one afternoon at the butterfly exhibit that was recently made famous by the movie "Heaven is for Real".  I am not sure all of my family enjoyed it as much as I did.  In fact, T and A-hizzle were down right creeped out by them.  G-pa was brave enough to hold Rosie the tarantula!  I am sure Rosie is nice and all, but I never, ever want to hang out with her again. We ended the evening with pizza and cookie dough pops.  A-hizzle is quite the baker these days.  It is fun working next to him in the kitchen.  That kid is pretty amazing.  His tenderness amazes me, and his bravery truly impresses me.  He is like my little soul mate.  A little piece of my heart walking around on the outside of my body.










Haven't had a bite from a beaver yet.  Heavenly Father has continued to hear and answer our prayers.  Still learning and growing, which isn't always easy but necessary none the less.  This article of faith keeps coming to my mind, "We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured all things, and hope to be able to endure all things."  Bring it Colorado, we are ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment