Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ladies Tea Party! (minus the tea!)

I hosted a book club recently and we got to discuss Anne of Green Gables... my favorite!!!  So of course, we needed to have a ladies tea.  I don't drink tea, but we didn't miss it a bit!  White linens with floral table runners, white china dishes, fresh flowers in the middle, and feminine serving platters make for a fun ladies tea!  A few of us even dressed with "puffed sleeves" or lovely ladies hats and beads.  Such a fun night with some sweet ladies. Many selections and small portions make a ladies tea menu just right.  Most of these recipes are make ahead, so I did most of the desserts a couple days before and put them in the freezer, the sandwich fillings the day before, so the day of, you don't have much to do except dress the table. 
I would like to share with you our menu...
Drink:
Peach Citrus Punch
Ice water with lemon slices
Main:
Chicken Salad Sandwiches on Croissants
Cucumber Salad Sandwiches on Rye
Fruit and Salad:
Strawberries Romanov
Fruity Poppy Seed Salad
Dessert:
Mini Lemon Cupcakes
Mint Brownies
Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies

I will share all of these recipes, but will make them separate posts so that I can find them again!  Click on each menu item and it will link you to each of the recipes.
I hope you will host a ladies, or little girls, tea party sometime.  It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment