Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A September to Remember

Hola from Mexico! Just kidding, still in Colorado.  Hope this post finds you happy and with chocolate.  As I type I am watching a kamikaze squirrel climb my tree.  It is the same squirrel that watches me sometimes.  The guy is totally crazy, certifiably nuts I think.  We have a tree full of red berries, but this guy always chooses the berries on the end of the tree limbs.  The whole branch bends as if it might snap, but just in the nick of time the little squirrel runs up the branch to safety.  It is like a metaphor for my life, out on a limb and almost dying and then...yep, that has nothing to do with my life.  The squirrel might be schizophrenic though.

Colorado is beautiful in September.  The weather is reminiscent of Salt Lake in the fact that it rains one moment, and twenty minutes later the sun comes out and I am ready to set up the slip n' slide.  The kids seem to be adjusting to school.  We spend hours doing homework, but that is just the way it goes.  I am an expert at identifying quadrilaterals.  Feel free to call me if you questions about 4th grade geometry.  I also happen to be pretty good at 1st grade sight words.  It is just a gift, try not to make a bid deal about it.  A-hizzle is a renaissance man through and through.  One moment he is shooting things with his sling shot and the next second he is doing card tricks for the kids in the cafeteria.  Izzy is a trooper.  She keeps us on our toes with her quick wit and silly personality.  Every day seems to get a little easier for her.   Miss A-cakes is a doll.  She has been the most flexible with the move.  She also has two boys in her school class that are as small as she is which is an added bonus.
Troy and I went downtown with some friends.  This is the 16th Street Mall.

A-cakes posed for this while explaining that a boy at school said his playground ball was bigger than his bum.  Maybe not my bum A, but certainly yours.

A night with the girls.


Our very own fishing spot.

Izzy fell asleep in a praying position.  That tells you what kind of a transition this move has been for her.

I could eat this one for lunch.

This was taken about three houses down from where we live.  Please don't poke my eyes out when I go running Mr. Three Point.

He looks old huh?  Ladies, please give me a few years before you start texting him.  I am going to finish this post and make his watch Sesame Street with me.


My friends may I tell you how proud I am of Izzy? I would guess that this move has been the hardest thing she has done in her young life, and she has handled it with as much dignity and grace as she has in her cute little body  Prayers are heard and answered. Call me if you ever want a story about a miracle, because I witnessed one. We are not alone in this universe.  We have a loving Creator that not only commands the ocean, but takes the time to listen to a desperate mother's cries and brings immediate comfort and peace.  Do you know what that means for us?  We are never alone.  When I send those kiddos to a new school, in a brand new city, they are never alone.  He is with them.  He is there when I can't be, and that means everything to me right now.  Everything.  


Have a great week my sweet ones.  Only 99 more days until Christmas!  I cannot wait.  I think I will bake something to celebrate.  Everyone can have a treat, except for the beaver of course.  There will be no celebrating with that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment