Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cheese Soup


Soup is by far my favorite comfort food! This soup is one I have made for many years and is always a favorite. My sister-in-law Allison shared this recipe with me and I am so grateful! Yummy, creamy, feel-good, home cookin'!
The soup in this picture has been served with my favorite and fast breadstick recipe! If you want to see the recipe, click here!

8-10 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
1/2 tsp salt
Put these ingredients in a pot and cover with enough water to cover veggies well. Boil until veggies are tender. (Before the next step, I like to drain out some of the water and save it just in case I have been overzealous on the veggie cutting and end up with too much water. You can always add some of the water in again if it needs thinning.)
Ten minutes before serving add:
2 cups chopped broccoli (I use just the flowers)
16 oz. Cheese Whiz or Velveeta
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
Salt and pepper to taste

Just a note: I am actually a real cheese soup connoisseur and contrary to what you might believe, Cheese Whiz and Velveeta actually make a better soup. I have tried grated cheese and it just isn't as creamy, so don't be afraid to use it! This is a no fail, simple, fast recipe...and now it's even faster thanks to my new Food Processor I got for Christmas! Thanks so much Santa's helpers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment